twitter
rss


Have you ever done origami before ?

Well, if you haven’t … You definitely should. The urge to make a three- dimensional animal or flower from just a scrap of paper has raised the number of origami makers by millions. I admit, I myself is a victim of the amazing craft.

As soon as I touched the smooth texture of the paper, I knew I had to fold it. As soon as I traced the pattered creases I made on the paper, it immediately turned into a wonderful swan. By the second I finished another work of art, I just needed to make another one, more spectacular. By the time I mastered the ropes, every paper found in my hand, in whatever condition it may have been, was beaten to perfection.

Origami means “folding paper” but I warn you dear folks, it isn’t easy as just bending the paper back or forth. The models you see on the internet may seem easy and I viewed  it once the same way too. But that was before the seemingly simple heart fold came to me as just an orderly list of steps in which I attempted to understand.


The end is where the secret of the art lies. Once you went through all the grueling steps, your frustrations and angst will fade away at the sight of that small piece of craft. Your heart would be filled with pride. There will be nothing else to stop you from wanting to feel it again.

But  once again, Origami is hard, hard and wait… Hard ! So that is why Hannah-sensei (that's me, if you're wondering) will give you some tips and tricks.

The internet is one source of abundant information and that is no exception to Origami. I have scanned several of the available resources online in pursuit to find the best one.

This is the part, young beginners, where I , the kind and caring sensei, gives you the website in which I spent hours looking for. This is www.origami-fun.com.

If you do not have the luxury of surfing the net or owning your own computer, (then it would be impossible for you to be reading this, but nevertheless) a book will suffice. Try scavenging an origami book at book sales. I've seen plenty of them in my regular visits. 

Anyway, if you're really not interested in making origami, please and please follow these instructions.(1) Read again the first paragraphs and force yourself to be moved by the words (2) Go to the link above and make a hundred models (3) Come back to my blog and write your happiness in making origami. If there if still no effect, well, I don’t know what to do with you .

But for avid learners, I bow down to all of you. The fate of the quality of life of a thousand papers lies in your hands.

Because as soon as you will touch the smooth texture of the paper, you will know how to fold it. 
As soon as you will  trace the pattered creases you made on the paper, you will immediately turn it into a wonderful swan. By the second you will finish another work of art, you will just need to make another one, more spectacular. By the time you have mastered the ropes, every paper found in your hand, in whatever condition it may have been, will be beaten to perfection.

 And, I won’t be stopping you.





9 comments:

  1. Nice blog...Origami making can be habitual, it can also be a skill. Like me, I was making some origami before (basic origami) because I love handy crafts...Keep up blogging interesting stories.=)

  1. wew ang cute hannah!!!
    idol talaga kita!!!


    -shobe-

  1. Hi, i'm very interested in the squares origami you posted, the one on the bottom-right side of the image.
    Would you tell me how you made it? the instructions I mean!
    Thanks

  1. Hi, i'm very interested in the squares origami you posted, the one on the bottom-right side of the image.
    Would you tell me how you made it? the instructions I mean!
    Thanks

  1. Hi, i'm very interested in the squares origami you posted, the one on the bottom-right side of the image.
    Would you tell me how you made it? the instructions I mean!
    Thanks

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. This comment has been removed by the author.
  1. what is the orane thing at the beginning called??

  1. amazing work... i wud really like to know how u made tha dragonfly...really intricate n wonderful. kunal_dahale@hotmail.com